Saturday, March 15, 2014

Clubs, Taylor Swift, and Sketches

This past weekend Barcelona was flooded with people! Which is ironic as I saw newsflashes of my hometown of Santa Barbara getting rocked with pier-high waves and quite a storm of its own. Barcelona’s clubs were host to “Abroadfest” which brought many nightlife enthusiasts to the streets. It made for great entertainment.

            This weekend was nuts, the influx of people even had its own effect on our house. Three friends of mine some how fit their way into my home-stay and I took to a pullout bed downstairs. Many other friends scattered around the city and as fun as it was to show everyone around, my favorite sandwich shop was clogged with customers all weekend long leaving me with mixed emotions. It was an eventful weekend and as I showed friends around my dear Barcelona I was constantly reminded of why I love this place so much. We were even greeted by our dear acquaintance Tito(obviously we are on a first name basis) at his supermarket and he let us make our sandwiches there one night on our way out. He didn't even complain about the crumbs we left all over the ice cream case...what a homie! As I walked departing friends to the bus stop for the third and final time on Sunday I noticed how the streets had thinned out and it seemed like the city was exhaling from the long weekend. I would follow suit later once I got home and propped my feet up on the coffee table. I have some fun pictures to reminisce over from that weekend but incase I ever forget what it was all like… one of my friends who kicked me out of my room was also kind enough to kick over her perfume bottle before she left so that room that typically smells of manly musk now has a dainty tinge of Taylor Swift perfume. Every dog has its day!
            I decided to skate to class today and as I returned home, the two Germans who stay in the room next to mine passed me by on their way to check out Sagrada Familia. It struck me as we bid “Adieu” to each other that the encounter had a bit of a small town feel about it even though it was in such a large busy city. What great people Germans are…seriously. Their English is impeccable, they are super kind, and they even drew in my notebook when I randomly asked.
            I have been asking lots of people to draw in my precious Moleskin here, which is normally filled with my half written songs and sketches. I think it will be such a fun thing to look back on and I’ve always liked looking at different peoples drawing styles. Just got two more tonight after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment